Charity-specific recruitment agencies have been largely concentrated in London, but there are some national agencies with charity/not-for-profit sections, and those based in London do often work outside the capital.
Some agencies specialise in particular types of post, senior executive or fundraisers for instance, which is indicated where known. There are also specialist agencies for activity areas such as Residential Care staff – generally not listed by us, although some may appear via the job sites (online vacancy listings) page.
Working For a Charity is a training course for those wanting to move in to the voluntary sector.
- Aquilas Charity recruitment consultants specialising in fundraising, marketing & communication appointments. Based in St Albans, Herts. Phone 01727 375361, email: email@example.com
- Attenti “core business is the recruitment of Chairs and Chief Executives within the Not for Profit Sector”.
- Charity People Phone 020 7939 7439, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Charisma Recruitment Offices in London and Hampshire. Phone 01962 813300.
- CF Appointments (now part of Prospects) Phone 020 8315 1041.
- Eden Brown Phone 0845 4 505 202, email: email@example.com
- Executive Recruitment Services has a charity and not-for-profit team.
- Flow Caritas charity recruitment consultancy has been supporting charities since 2004. Areas include F2F fundraisers for leading charities, office jobs for small to medium charities. Offices in London and Manchester, phone 020 7089 2644, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Harris Hill “deal with charities and the non profit sector. The jobs we handle range from the basic admin position up to Directors and the Senior level. We aim to provide long term solutions to individuals and organisations employment needs with an emphasis on building long term relationships with clients.” Phone 020 7820 7300.
- Hays Accountancy and Finance, a large national agency, has some charity opportunities.
- Langton Not 4 Profit charity, arts, not for profit. Phone 020 7643 1794.
- Kage Partnership Recruitment consultants specialising in fundraising, PR and marketing appointments within the not-for-profit sector. Linton House, 164-180 Union St, London, SE1 0LH, phone 020 7928 3434, email: email@example.com
- Morgan Hunt has a charity and fundraising section.
- NFP. Recruitment support, executive search and selection, media and campaign management and full response handling.
- Oxford HR recruiting in international development, ethical trade and social enterprise sectors. Phone 01865 403298.
- Prospectus ‘a professional, well-informed and cost-effective service to the charity, university, public and voluntary sectors’. 20-22 Stukeley Street, London, WC2B 5LR, phone 020 7691 1925.
- The Right Ethos Specialise in recruiting for campaigning organisations and campaigning teams of charities. Based Whitstable, Kent, phone 01227 277754.
- Third Solutions Phone: 020 3008 4386.
- TPP Not for Profit “Finding positions for CEOs, Directors, Fundraisers, Marketers, Accountants, HR Professionals and Medical and Teaching Staff within the third sector” since 1996. 4th Floor, Sherborne House, 119-122 Cannon Street, London, EC4N 5AT, phone 020 7198 6000, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inspired People specialises in recruiting face to face (street) fundraisers. Based Bristol, phone 0845 838 5501.
- AWS Recruitment is a consultancy dedicated to the sector, based in Edinburgh. 1-3 St. Colme Street, Edinburgh, EH3 6AA, phone 0131 220 8239.
- Bruce Tait Associates is a voluntary sector specialist in Scotland, particularly for chief execs and fundraisers.
- EVH (was Employers in Voluntary Housing) ‘Supporting social employers’ – HR support, training, as well as recruitment.
- Reed. Reed Employment has many guises, and has various charity related initiatives. Try your local office to check out charity discounts.
- Recommended by others in the sector in online discussions: Forties People ‘provider of mature office personnel’; Wrinklies Direct ‘dedicated to finding employment for women and men of advancing years’.
- Other employment agencies often have some charity deal.
- The government’s Job Centre service.
Connected articles (by tag)
- Jobs in the Voluntary Sector
- Volunteering Opportunities
- Managing People
- Person Specification: Sample Document
- Induction Checklist: Sample Document
- Thoughts on Working in the Voluntary Sector