Design, Print, Writing Services - Contents
Some of the service providers below have useful guides to producing printed or visual materials. Other sources of useful info:
- Plain English Campaign Phone 01663 744409, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- BSS (charity Broadcasting Support Services) has closed, 2015: it made a point of being able to provide multilingual helplines, translation and publishing services alongside their other facilities.
- Kelpie Films (see media services) also provide audio solutions such as talking magazines, talking books with favourable rates for the voluntary sector.
- SignVideo (was Signific’ant) provides sign language interpreting in minutes over videophone, BSL translation and recording. Plus other related services – a social enterprise.
- WorldAccent provides translation services in the world’s languages, in addition to website localisation and multilingual typesetting & design advice. Clients include NSPCC, Amnesty International, Mencap. Phone 020 7865 8300.
including copywriting, editorial and content, print buying.
- See BSS listed above.
- Everything Editorial specialises in copywriting, editorial, design and print buying. The co-directors have strong experience, online and in print, producing publications for the voluntary, corporate and public sectors. Phone 020 8806 9893, email: email@example.com
- Lark is a ‘content agency’, with copywriters, editors and content strategists, and a charity specialism.
- Looseleaf Productions Copywriting, editing, books and reports, editorial consultancy etc. Phone 01892 863952.
- ngo media Journalism, editorial, print solutions.
- ProseWorks is a network of copywriters and editors. Phone 01788 562316.
- Matter and Co (was Society Media) Editorial, editing etc.
- Eleanor Stanley specialises in editorial services for voluntary sector organisations, with clients including the King’s Fund, Friends of the Earth, Red Cross.
- Top Copy/Guy Phillips Freelance copywriting service mainly for housing associations, charities etc.
Also see under Communications/ PR on Media Services page.
Many of these will also be able to do (at least) basic web site design.
- Core Design Profits from the design side are used to support an associated mental health charity. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ecographic “Visual communication says everything.” Graphic design and production with minimum ecological impact through detailed research into materials and new technology. Email: email@example.com
- Ethical Graphic Design Company discounts to charities etc. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HighHorse “Visual Communications for not-for-profit organisations”. We weren’t impressed by their website’s accessibility, though.
- Intertype works exclusively with the voluntary sector on design and print: newsletters, stationery, annual and research reports, corporate identities, etc. Produce a Charity Design Bulletin. 307 Aberdeen House, 22 Highbury Grove, London, N5 2EA, phone 020 7359 4115, email: email@example.com
- origin8 creative Work for voluntary sector includes fundraising pack for breakthrough breast cancer.
- Oyster Marketing and Design Print, web, marketing, etc. Based in Hampshire.
- Premonition provides graphic design, for print and web, mainly to voluntary organisations and other non-commercial bodies in East London.
- Wave A workers design co-operative which specialises in working for issue, community, education, government, arts, health and charitable organisations, on websites through to event invitations. “We are down to earth in our approach, have never missed a deadline and are used to working creatively within limited budgets”. 45 Robertson Street, Hastings, East Sussex, TN34 1HL, phone 01424 205355, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Battley Brothers/Arc Design. ‘Design, print and multi-media’, specialists in the voluntary/non-profit sector. 37 Old Town, Clapham, London, SW4 0JN, phone 020 7622 3401.
- Calverts Press A workers co-op set up in 1977, has variety of charity and community group clients as well as commercial, and an interest in environmental considerations in its work. Web site has a useful glossary of terms. 9-10 The Oval, London, E2 9DT, phone 020 7739 1474.
- Landor Graphics. South London design, copywriting and publishing company specialising in services to housing associations and voluntary sector. From copywriting/sub-editing based on your ideas or rough copy, through to design/lay-up, photography and print management. Produces publicity leaflets, letterheads, logos, newsletters, annual reports, information packs, posters, display boards, surveys etc. Can handle small print runs. Phone 020 7771 8716, email: email@example.com
- Lavenham Press A high-quality image, but also a comprehensive service. 47 Water Street, Lavenham, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 9RN, phone 01787 247436.
- Lithosphere A long time ago, this was the Print Department of War on Want – still committed to voluntary sector campaigning, in particular environmental issues. They are print managers and troubleshooters, and know their stuff. 90 Queensland Road, London, N7 7AS, phone 020 7686 6111, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Manor Group print solutions, specialising in quality print including reports and all promotional material. 7 & 8 Edison Road, Eastbourne, BN23 6PT, phone 01323 514400.
- Pureprint Group has worked with a range of charities and campaign groups, and boasts of its environmental credentials. Bellbrook Park, Uckfield, East Sussex, TN22 1PL, phone 01825 768811.
- Rap Spiderweb ‘One of the country’s leading providers of print, design and distribution services to voluntary and campaigning organisations.’ Produce useful PrintTalk newsletters aimed at the voluntary sector on print issues. Clock Street, Oldham, OL9 7LY, phone 0161 947 3700, email: email@example.com
- Russell Press Started by the Bertrand Russell Peace Foundation in the 1960s, specialising in printing services for the not-for-profit sector. Annual Reports, leaflets, magazines, booklets and both burst and perfect bound books “in-house”. Bulwell Lane, Nottingham, NG6 0BT, phone 0115 9784505, email: Mike@russellpress.com
- Upstream Workers’ cooperative which specialises in supplying typeset, design and print to the voluntary sector. 1 Warwick Court, Choumert Road, London, SE15 4SE, phone 020 7207 1560, email: firstname.lastname@example.org