Media Services - Contents
Some of the service providers below have useful guides to producing printed or visual materials. Other sources of useful info:
Media Training. This can range from ‘dealing with the press’ to using video equipment. See Media Trust entry under Media Support below. They also manage Media Resource Scotland with SCVO – details on SCVO’s web site.
David Thomas Media is a small business specialising in media skills and communications skills training, with a specific slant towards NGOs. Phone 020 7096 1995, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rebecca Marshall freelance photographer specialising in photography for public relations purposes of voluntary organisations.
There are various photo libraries around, if you are looking for a particular picture.
- photofoundation “is a community for people with a passion for photography who want to use their images to support good causes” (new summer 2014).
- Empics seems to be Press Association’s current photography marketing company.
- GorillaVideo A small video production operation in London who use a ‘docusoap’ approach alongside lightweight digital equipment to create a type of video that they feel fits the values and messages of sector organisations. Email: email@example.com
- Grapevine video production for DVD and the web, from producer experienced in film and broadcast news (and voluntary sector) experience.
- Magnificent TV Have produced training and promotional films for a range of charities.
- Minamon Film/Video/DVD production company. Client list includes Sense, MIND, Age Concern England, Groundwork.
- Podcats produce RSPB Bird Notes audio podcasts.
- Podnosh can produce audio or video podcasts, and is working with the Birmingham Community Empowerment Network on the Grassroots Channel. Run by a professional with many years experience as a BBC documentary maker, film production is also available.
- Small World ‘The ethical television production company – Small World works through the media to help bring about social change.’ Small World Productions Ltd, 1B Waterlow Road, London N19 5NJ, phone 020 7272 1394, email: JJones@smallworldtv.co.uk
- Trilby Multimedia Production of educational CD-ROMs, websites, databases, videos, exhibitions and printed material.
- Worthwhile TV charity video producers.
- Barracuda organise all technical aspects of live events, such as conferences and awards ceremonies, within the UK and worldwide. Phone 0845 1284046. Have worked with Make A Wish Charity Ball, Youthnet.
Many mailing houses also do telephone response services, and can handle enquiries resulting from a media campaign or promotion.
- bluefrog Specialists in reaching young adults on behalf of charities, through direct marketing and advertising, with clients such as RNLI, Mind, Prostate Cancer Charity, National Trust. 2-4 Rufus St, London, N1 6PE, phone 020 7613 6360, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Broadcast Support Services, a registered charity, have been providing communications solutions for over 25 years, including publishing, web services and contact centres. They also handle donations from media appeals. We are told they no longer provide Welsh services, although they claim otherwise on their web site. Contact Marketing Department on 020 8799 9029, email: email@example.com
- The Communications Hub is “a consultancy and agency, providing everything you need to plan and run effective communications and marketing”, includes charities experience.
- Contact Assist “runs professional helplines and web systems for charities and organisations that help people to make positive life changes that last”.
- Face PR Editorial, copywriting, publications and communications planning consultancy, based in the Scottish Borders, which specialises in supporting third sector organisations. Also a Community Interest Company.
- Fiona Fountain Associates Public relations consultants with wide experience in the sector. 11 Wilman Road, Tunbridge Wells, Kent, TN4 9AJ, phone 01892 544035, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Media Trust has established various initiatives around the use of television and video. These include the Voluntary Matters series of programmes on voluntary organisation issues and developing the concept of the Community Channel (on Sky Digital/FreeView). Their Communications Advice team runs seminars, workshops, surgeries and one to one matching. Media Trust, 3-7 Euston Centre, Regent’s Place, London, NW1 3JG, phone 020 7874 7600, email: email@example.com
- Pelham Communications has various charity experience but a distinct arts leaning.
- Third Sector PR Phone 020 7222 5510, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Previous entry has disappeared – there must be some worth listing?