Also see Technology: software.
Technology Services - Contents
Computer hardware, maintenance and support
- See Extra: Environmental Impact for information on computer recycling services. Some of these provide cheap computers to community groups and other charities. See Suppliers – Computers for ‘hardware only’ deals.
- Charities IT Association (CITA) provides charities with a free 2 hour consultation with a strategic IT volunteer “optimised for organisations turning over between £50K and £5M”. For charities registered with the Charity Commission (England and Wales) or the Scottish Charity Regulator currently (summer 2016).
- IT4Communities is now part of CITA (summer 2016).
- A-POJ Ltd A Reading-based ICT consultancy specialising in the charitable and education sectors. Services include network installation and management; database design, development and management; remote access solutions; systems analysis and planning; ICT support and troubleshooting. Phone 0118 901 7078, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Avec Solutions redistributes profits to charitable bodies working for the benefit of the community. Bloomfield House, 395-405 Newtownards Road, Belfast, BT4 1RH, phone 028 9045 9000, email: email@example.com
- The Blue Lizard provides IT support, disaster recovery, web design and hosting, plus support for V-Base, WWV, HAL and other specialist applications. 18 Victoria Park Square, London E2 9PF, phone 020 8558 2405, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Co-operative Systems Specialist provider to voluntary and educational sectors. Installation, maintenance and hotline support for PCs, networks, Microsoft specialists. 20 Miles Street, Vauxhall, London SW8 1SD, phone 020 7793 0395, email: email@example.com
- Comm-tech provides recycled computers, network support, consultancy etc. mainly for south/central London Groups.
- Computercraft Supply, install and train on accounts systems and database development. Plus “First Point of Contact is a complete organisational database system.” Also networking, support and advice, and training. 100-106 Leonard Street, London, EC2A 4RH, phone 020 7739 5953, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elbourn Computer Services IT installation and support to voluntary organisations in Surrey, also recondition PCs donated by businesses, open source advice.
- ESP Projects is a Social Enterprise providing network installation and maintenance, PC repair and purchasing, web site development, email and internet systems, and a software team to design and construct bespoke VB, Java or ASP applications. Phone 0114 2787229, email: email@example.com
- Ethical IT – IT solutions for Charities, Social Enterprises, Voluntary & Campaign Groups, including cloud services. A partnership between JADe and the Ethical Property Company.
- Holmes Consultancy Services See Consultancy Services page.
- IT Croydon Information Technology consultancy and a range of computer services, 20-30% discount to voluntary sector organisations. Phone 020 8777 2921, email: info@ITCroydon.co.uk
- JADe provides generic and specialised IT services to a variety of non-profits, such as Action Aid, Global Witness, Ramblers Association. Have also created a ‘contacts-centric’ database system for charities, C2.
- Roger Jones/RJ Partners has worked in arts and voluntary sectors as an IT consultant and trainer for 7 years. Includes customising Access databases.
- Seeds for Change Linux advice/consultancy – free for social and environmental campaigns groups.
- Senior IT and security specialists, based in Nottingham.
- Vermont Systems Based in Hampshire, computers, software installation and support, basic accounting packages. 10 per cent discount for charities.
- Happy Computers Charity discount, usually extended to all voluntary orgs – approx. 40% off. Programme of courses on popular software and systems, also do customised and onsite by arrangement. Online (web based) training available too. Happy Computers is the first training company to achieve the Gold Standard of the Institute of IT Training, meaning that 100% of trainers are accredited. Cityside House, 40 Adler Street, London, E1 1EE, phone 020 7375 7300, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3tc Aiming to make ICT available to all third sector organisations in Merseyside through training and services. A partnership of voluntary, public and private sector companies. Phone 0151 285 4000.
- Charity IT Association – see above for tech surgeries and consultancy.
- Computercraft – see above.
- IT 4 Communities now provides its consultancy as part of CITA (summer 2016) – volunteering brokering service enabling IT professionals to provide technical help/advice to charities and community groups.
- Lasa has an IT Consultancy service. Phone 020 7377 1226, email: email@example.com
- Other possible sources of training at special rates for charities etc. are local further or higher education colleges.
- IT for Charities An IT consultancy for the sector run by Ivor Wainewright mainly focusing on marketing and fundraising. The website gives info. on software, organisations, CD databases etc.