Social groupings and communities - Contents
Also see national support bodies.
- NICEM – Northern Ireland’s Council for Ethnic Minorities closed late 2016.
- Positive Action in Housing is a Scottish organisation. Only their training page appears to be working at Jan. 2015.
- United for Intercultural Action A coalition of 500 European organisations working against racism, with a variety of useful materials.
- AgeUK – the merged Age Concern/Help the Aged.
- Third Age Employment Network works for better opportunities for mature people to continue to learn, work and earn.
Also see Issue-based support bodies.
- Centre for Separated Families Training, advice and information to professionals, families etc.
- Family Holiday Association Runs project to provide holidays for children in residential care.
- Families Need Fathers.
- Family Lives (previously Parentline Plus) Support to anyone parenting a child.
- Family and Childcare Trust.
- Kinship (was Grandparents Plus) has set up an advice line for those bringing up a child who is not their own.
- One Parent Families Scotland.
- Single Parent Action Network website provides a resource for those parenting alone.
Also see Human Rights/Immigration on Welfare page.
- Migrants Resource Centre and Asylum Aid have merged, and rebranded as Consonant.
- Refugee Council.
- Scottish Refugee Council.
- Student Action for Refugees.
Including Gypsy, Roma. Rural links are on Housing/planning page.
- Friends Families and Travellers. Has a useful advice section.
- National Federation of Gypsy Liaison Groups.
- The Traveller Movement (was Irish Travellers Movement).
- Traveller Law Reform Project.
- Consortium of lesbian, gay & bisexual voluntary & community organisations.
- Switchboard LBGT+ helpline.
- Engender Information, research and networking organisation for women in Scotland.
- Abortion Rights.
- Prowess promotes women’s enterprise.
- Rights of Women Confidential advice line, training for organisations on essential issues.
- Womens Aid Federation of England. For women and children experiencing physical, sexual or emotional abuse in their homes.
- Women’s Resource Centre.
- Association of Child Protection Professionals (was BASPCAN) British Association for Study and Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect.
- British Youth Council Promotes citizenship type issues.
- Therapeutic Care Journal (was The Children Webmag) “For everyone working with children and young people”.
- Childnet Promoting wide access and quality content for children.
- Children’s Rights Alliance for England.
- Children in Wales Umbrella children’s organisation in Wales.
- The Children’s Society Not just welfare services, but also advocating social justice for children and young people.
- Foundation Years – information and support if you work in the early years and childcare delivering services for children and families.
- National Children’s Bureau, England.
- National Youth Advocacy Service.
- National Youth Agency.
- World Association of Girl Guides and Girls Scouts.
- Taking IT Global promoting young people’s involvement in ICT for development.
- UNICEF, the international children’s organisation, has many facets in the UK.
- YouthAction – Northern Ireland. Youth Council Northern Ireland.