General and specialist charity job sites.
Jobs in the Voluntary Sector - Contents
Charity Recruitment Sites
Please let us know of any link changes, updates or suggested additions.
Run by the sector
- GoodMoves is a ‘careers hub’ for the sector, set up by Scottish umbrella body SCVO. Also has some vacancies for England, and see its Third Force News publication too.
- For vacancies in Wales, bilingual site recruit3 listings are collated by Welsh umbrella WCVA.
- Northern Ireland jobs on CommunityNI.
- Voluntary Organisations Network North East.
- Birmingham VSC.
- Doing Good Leeds.
- Voluntary Action Sheffield.
- Manchester Community Central.
General third sector job sites
- CharityJob has partnerships with a number of sector bodies.
- Charity Careers Scotland operated by Bruce Tait Associates recruitment agency. Also Charity Careers Ireland.
- Jobs in Charities Open to all charities, and carries volunteer vacancies too.
- Voluntary Sector Jobs includes the wider non-profit sector and is associated with Abbey Solutions.
- Try JobsGoPublic – mainly public sector posts but a few large charities too.
Also see our info on recruitment agencies specialising in the charity sector, which often have their own online vacancy listings. You could also try various listing aggregation sites, which arequite likely to have a charities category.
Publications in print and online
- The Guardian Society pages every Wednesday have the widest range of charity sector jobs.
- Third Sector magazine online jobs section is ThirdSectorJobs.
- Civil Society Media publishes various sector titles, with online jobs section.
- Voluntary Arts Network Voluntary/Community Arts jobs.
- Arts Jobs website from Arts Council England.
- Environment Job. Has volunteering opportunities too.
- Humentum (a merged development NGOs support org, including MANGO which placed people with good financial skills).
- For fundraising jobs, try UK Fundraising.
- EVH – was Employers In Voluntary Housing, still largely housing related, Scotland.
- Electronic Immigration Network. Immigration law related jobs.
Charities’ own web pages
Voluntary organisations with dedicated web pages for their own vacancies. This will usually be the larger charities and campaigning groups.
- Amnesty International – UK.
- BOND, the network of organisations working in international development.
- Charities Aid Foundation (CAF).
- CAFOD Aid agency.
- Centrepoint ‘housing young people at risk’.
- Childrens Society (Play your part site).
- Christian Aid.
- Citizens Advice.
- Conciliation Resources.
- Friends of the Earth.
- Quarriers – Scotland’s second largest care charity.
- Save the Children.
- VSO Includes downloadable application form.
- Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust.