Event Services - Contents
Conference and events organisers
- Event Management Systems Third off for charities, according to a scribbled note!
- Green & Away ‘organisers of environmentally sound conference and events’. PO Box 40, Malvern, WR14 1YS, phone 0870 460 1198.
- Across the Divide organise charity challenge events all over the world including the UK. Phone 01460 30456.
- Charity Challenge Run expeditions themselves (similar to Classic Tours) which charities can benefit from, but may be a source of ideas too.
- Classic Challenge (was Classic Tours) Originators of worldwide charity challenges (treks, cycling) since 1992.
- Skyline Professional events organisers of adventurous fundraising events, UK and worldwide.
Some of the voluntary organisations under Local Contacts, particularly in the larger urban areas, have their own spaces for hire, or info on other facilities. Many universities are set up to provide conference facilities, often making use of student accommodation out of term time – too many to list here, so do a web search on ‘university conference facilities’ or similar.
- Carronvale House, the Boys’ Brigade Scottish Headquarters, is also a conference, training and activity centre. Residential accommodation and sports facilities too. In Larbert, Stirlingshire, between Edinburgh and Glasgow.
- Bore Place (was Commonwork Centre) Kent Residential/non-residential conference centre run by an educational charity with an environment programme. Commonwork Land Trust, Bore Place, Chiddingstone, Edenbridge, Kent, TN8 7AR, phone 01732 463255.
- Hillscourt In the attractive Lickey Hills on the south western edge of Birmingham, owned and operated by teachers union NASUWT. Hillscourt Conference Centre, Rose Hill, Rednal, Birmingham, B45 8RS, phone 0121 457 8370, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hothorpe Hall, Theddingworth, Leicestershire. 85% of groups booking are from Charities, Churches, Local Authorities or National Health, and they aim to provide value for money but quality facilities. Theddingworth, Leics, LE17 6QX, phone 01858 881500, email: office@Hothorpe.co.uk
- King’s Park Conference Centre is a Christian-run venue in Northampton, catering for groups of up to 150 for residential and day conferences.
- Knuston Hall Northants Residential conference and training facilities in a 17th century manor house in 40 acres, used by the likes of Oxfam, Help the Aged, Victim Support. Knuston Hall, Irchester, Wellingborough, Northants, NN29 7EU, phone 01933 312104, email: email@example.com
- Quaker Meeting House, Cardiff. Three rooms, from small to large, available at competitive rates for community groups.
- Tenants Hall, Middleton, Leeds.
- Avonmouth House (part of etc venues) Used by various charities and housing bodies. 6 Avonmouth Street, London, SE1 6NX, phone 020 7378 1547, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coin Street Conference Centre in the heart of Waterloo.
- The Gestalt Centre Conference, Training, Meeting and Coaching Rooms from £20 per hour, 10% discount for registered charities. Near Old Street tube station.
- King’s Fund, which provides resources for the health and social care sector, has a venue which hosts small meetings and seminars to formal conferences and presentations, in central London.
- London Youth Five minutes from Old Street tube, flexible meeting space on the ground floor and fully wheelchair accessible. Projector, WiFi connection, Dedicated phone line available. Phone 020 7549 8810.
- Mary Ward House Conference and exhibition centre with 15 different sized rooms for meetings etc. Willing to consider special rates for voluntary and community organisations, are now linked to the Simon Community. 5-7 Tavistock Place, London, WC1H 9SN, phone 020 7387 9681.
- One Park Crescent conference centre.
- Resource for London.
- Royal Horticultural Halls Big stuff, but connected with a charity (RHS). 80 Vincent Sq, London, SW1P 2PE, phone 020 7828 4125.
- The Wesley Hotel (was Methodist International) in Euston area.
- Westminster Central Hall Has smaller rooms as well as large ones, suitable for a variety of events, meetings. Costs vary month by month. Storey’s Gate, Westminster, SW1H 9NH, phone 020 7222 8010, email: email@example.com
- ORT House Conference Centre. Connected with Pavilion Publishing (who produce health/social care training materials, and also organise events in this area). Discounts for charities. 126 Albert Street, Camden, NW1 7NE.
Venue finder services usually operate by charging a commission to the venue on any bookings handled, even when they advertise as providing a free service.
- Conference Consultancy Provides a venue finding and booking service.
- Focus Venue Finders Has worked with Barnardo’s, Oxfam, Cancer Research UK.
- Venues UK venues directory.
- Venuefinder.com A service from Conference Blue & Green, there is an A to Z index and regional search facility, info on special offers.
- Evcom, the body for event and visual communications professional, has a members list.
Specialist, voluntary sector
- Christian Residential Network is the membership association of Christian residential venues across the UK.
- RentaHostel It is possible to rent some Youth Hostels for exclusive use – now only in Scotland?
Booking, ticketing, events management etc.
- Advanced Ticketing is “a quick and easy way to produce and sell tickets online”.
- Eventbrite is a popular online booking system.
- Active Network provides Online Event Management Software aimed at sports clubs, leagues etc.
- Some membership management systems include events (or course) management.
- Fundraising platforms and income services have started adding events management services and/or mobile options suitable for events use.