Membership, Mailing and Response Services - Contents
Note: Pretty sure this is out of date info, as are many of the listings below … bulk mailings (4,000 or more) can get discounts under Royal Mail’s Mailsort service if they are pre-sorted – mailing houses may keep quiet about this and keep the discount for themselves! Sometimes it can be worthwhile to set up your own Mailsort account – try 0345 950950 for your nearest Sales Centre.
- Membership Plus are ‘membership marketing communications specialists’. Membership cards, renewals, fulfilment, mailing, consultancy, creative services. Phone 01227 741066, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lavenham Press Design and Print, mailing as well as membership management. TLG, Arbons House, Water St, Lavenham, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 9RN, phone 01787 249199.
- Kingston Smith Have an ‘Association Management’ outsourcing division which does database and membership management. While it appears to be focused on trade associations, the firm also has more general ‘not-for-profit’ expertise, so worth a try. Phone 020 7304 4646, or the trade association contact Michael Trenchard on 01727 832261, email: email@example.com
- Electoral Reform Society (under Other services) also do subscription renewals, database management, membership surveys, appeals management, mailing services etc.
There are a large number of ‘Mailing Houses’ who will take a mailing list and process it in various ways. Our list of those with voluntary sector experience needs refreshing.
Slightly different but worth noting, is L-Mail, where you can send send letters to any postal address via the Internet.
For email newsletter management and the like, see Internet and Web Services.
Coping with response to appeals or the promotion of a special event or membership drive can really strain the resources of many groups. Often part of one of the above services, and is noted where known, but some of the banks will also provide the service (whether postal or phone, possibly even internet), checking cheques or other payment and passing on or processing information received with it. The Co-op Bank is one such.
- Two-Ten Communications, phone 01937 840210.
Elections, ballots. Civica Elections Services (was Electoral Reform Services) Ballot services for unions and other membership organisations. Free seminars too. 33 Clarendon Road, London, N8 0NW, phone 020 8365 8909, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ballot boxes. Try Shaw’s election supplies.Tags: events, members, office management