Can be called CRM (customer/client relationship management) – CRM systems in general may now have sufficient capabilities, so we may include ones which are in active sector use. Also see Membership software intro page.
This selection is not definitive, but generally we have seen their products in action or heard good reports. They should still be checked out properly by you.
- Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge for Windows Concentrates on fundraising. Now also own AppealMaster (produced by ngc4it) which is widely used in small to medium size organisations for fundraising, alumni management, membership and general contact management; can be accessed over the internet or standard telephone lines, works alongside Microsoft Office (it is based on Access). The European company is wholly owned by Blackbaud Inc, of the US. Single user version £5,000 (Dec 00). Phone 0141 575 0100, email: sales@BBEurope.co.uk
- civiCRM is a web-based, open source, Constituent Relationship Management system which builds on open source software, namely Drupal, Joomla or WordPress. There are various UK suppliers.
- Computercraft FirstPoint More of a contact manager, but Computercraft have been developing databases for the voluntary sector for 20 years, and RNID use it for their call centre. Off-the-shelf extensions cover Grant Management, Course Bookings and Subscriptions Management, amongst other tasks. Intelligent Solutions were favouring this over Accounting Answers (qv) when last we talked, bringing their expertise on working with smaller Sage clients. Phone 020 7284 6980, email: email@example.com
- contactLINK from ITsorted, a “low cost database designed and priced specifically for voluntary organisations”, launched 2006. The people behind it have extensive experience in the charity sector. Advanced version can handle events and membership. (Based on MS Access.)
- iFinity (was Fisher Technology) Supply the iMIS range of products (and integrate it with Sage, Access acs, Sun etc), over 2750 systems installed, Windows and Mac, starting at £1225 per product. Plus VCGenius content managed web site integrates with a wide variety of membership systems including iMIS.
- iMIS cloud is developed by Advanced Solutions International
- Westwood Forster Visual Alms. Definitely the high end of the market, over 200 systems installed. Having started as purely for fundraisers, now handles grant-giving, membership, alumni management. Phone 020 7251 4890, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- KISS Contacts Based on MS Access, up to version 1.5 when we reviewed (Dec 00). Simple to use and cheap. Restrictions to selection and reporting are the flipside of this, but will be more than adequate for many small to medium organisations. Version 2.9 (at spring 2006) has extended the reporting, added Gift Aid, Direct Debits and Standing Orders as well as facilities to print badges and send emails. £100 plus VAT. Email: email@example.com
This section was created when web features in membership systems were rare. Internet functionality is now pretty standard in most systems listed on this page.
Specialist Database Systems
Systems for contact, client or service user management (previously on a separate VolResource page).
- CharityLog, although described as a web-based Contact Management system, revolves around a diary screen allowing the management of client related work e.g. booking a home visit, recording result, ensuring follow up, referral or other action. Will produce a variety of reports, for internal or funder use.
- LampLight records service users, the work done with them, and produces detailed monitoring statistics, with Version 2 (March ’06) dealing with outcomes as well as outputs. Functions for second tier organisations have been added. Costs £10 per month.
Other sector CRM systems
Advanced Was Iris NFP, which itself took over/merged with a large number of software companies in this area. Check their Not for Profit pages – membership and charity management, fundraising software.
Previously the company or predecessors offerings included: CARE First membership system was installed in 1987, for large users such as RSPCA, RSPB, Save the Children; Charisma Clients included RNLI, Nat Housing Federation, Dogs Trust; Consensus focused around training course, membership administration and event management, with web-based .NET CRM application; Integra software, as well as membership, had events, examination and case management options; Profile Concept – a particular niche in learned societies and professional bodies, but not limited to this, and specialise in membership systems.
3Si is now part of Eudonet, CRM solutions for associations, federations, institutes etc.
APT Solutions Stratum Contact Administration Designed for associations, charities, clubs, institutions, trades unions; runs on Windows NT or UNIX. Facilities include Contact Management, Subscription processing, Covenants, Legacies, Campaign Management, Conferences & Events, Examinations, CPD, Help Desk, Merchandising, Directory Publishing. Managing over 8 million contact records (at spring 07). Phone 01952 214000, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Care Management Systems, a division of CMAC Computer Systems, produce DonorFlex, which is mainly a fundraising tool. Phone 0121 458 7887, email: email@example.com
Data Developments ‘for church and charities’. Membership Co-ordinator.
Dataware Consultancy Centre Subscriber.NET (developed in MS.NET technologies) includes member/contact management, events, fundraising and gift aid, volunteer management, BACS processing. Linked to MS Office. Phone 01375 489820.
Icaris (previously JA Computer Solutions). CRM/fundraising software is part of its offerings for the not-for-profit sector – others include helpline and grant management software.
Miller Technology – Merlin CRM “a fully integrated Membership and CRM software solution for trade unions, associations, professional bodies and charities built upon SodalitaS CRM”.
Oomi “CRM for anyone anywhere” – integrated Engagement Management System for the NFP sector, combining CRM, Website, Collaboration, Engagement & Social Media. (Previously as Centrepoint Computer Services, provided a Membership Management System as part of the Target range, with events and publications management modules too.) Phone 020 8390 8899.
Pangaea Consuling supplies systems based round Aptify – membership, events, susbcriptions, fundraising etc.
PowerDev Circle, a membership system for the smaller organisation, no longer features on their website, but they do have sector customers for their bespoke database consultancy and development services.
ProTech Computer Systems Pro-7 ‘Designed in conjunction with some of the UKs largest membership associations to handle diverse information management requirements, including membership, contacts, fundraising, marketing, events management.’ Phone 01922 722280, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Rubicon Accelerator. Phone 01276 706900, email: email@example.com
Senior Internet Ltd supplies RiverCRM, a CRM specially developed for membership, NFP and charitable organisations, as well as e-vol for the voluntary sector. They also provide membership websites through their CMS, River, as well as CPD.
SilverBear Membership (was Decisions Express) “dramatically and extensively enhanced Microsoft Dynamics 365 and DNN Platform web self-service portal”.
ThankQ Clients include Comic Relief, Concern Worldwide (Ireland). Has a Small Charity Edition? Phone 01509 235544.
TSG Tribe 365 CRM for membership organisations.
VeryConnect includes non-profit management, stakeholder engagement, and giving back. UK based team, starts from £150 a month.
White Fuse Fundraising and membership CRM software.
Workbook In use by a variety of charities etc.